Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Laura Padded Bra - Parfait by Affinitas

Hurray for being seduced by pretty pictures. I had heard that Parfait by Affinitas is good for shallow breasts, but I wonder if they just meant the half cups. I love how this looks on the model, but it's positively terrible on me. So according to all those bust calculators, and like.. math, I should fit a 32FF. So that's what I ordered this in, since I heard this brand runs small. Turns out it probably didn't matter, since this cut is terrible for my shape.
Seems like it's an OK fit here, but it's still not great.

You can see here that it's empty at the bottom and that it gapes at the top. 

Looks even less filled at the bottom, and you can see here how high the wings run. At that height, it runs too high to actually be comfortable. It also has side boning, which some people are very partial to. 


So I have classic computer guy posture. I'm a software developer by trade, and I hunch my shoulders pretty terribly. I tend to spend the last few hours of my work day like this. The minute I do, all illusion of this bra fitting disappears. I don't know why I thought this fit, but it really doesn't. I'm a fool sometimes. 

In short:
Pros:

  • Nice color- I personally am very partial to navy because I think it is less harsh than black and looks nice on my skintone. 
  • Firm band that seems to run true to size in 32F
  • Side boning- good for support and keeping things where they should be
Cons:


  • High gore - gave me blisters almost 
  • Very high wings 
  • Rough edges on pretty much everything.The boning drew blood since I ended up wearing it for 13 hours on the first day I wore it. 
  • Stiff cups 
  • The foam feels rather.. cheap. 
Overall, I don't like it. It doesn't fit. If I could have returned it before I wore it, I would have. But I couldn't, yay Zulilly. I guess it's my fault for being unsure what size to order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment