Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tips on how to get hard to find sized bras for cheap

Although I have a steady job and income, I still like to cut costs anywhere I can. I was raised to be a saver. I have NEVER paid full price for a bra. I pretty much never pay full price for anything. Except one pair of running shoes.
Once.

Keep in mind, these tips well work less well if your size is harder to find. I'm lucky enough to have lots of options. Also, I am US based, so my thought process is geared towards US residents :)

Ideas for getting great deals if you have no idea what your size is and what works for you:
/r/braswap
  • Check Amazon. They have free returns via UPS, and it's either 30 or 60 days from when it shipped. They have a pretty wide selection, but make sure that whatever you're purchasing is eligible for free returns. There ARE non-Amazon vendors on there and they don't tend to offer free returns :) 
  • Asos offers free shipping and free returns. It can be a bit hard to figure out your size if you are based in the US, but BrasIhateAndLove wrote a post explaining how the sizing works. The smallest band they offer is 30, as a note. 
  • Nordstrom's offers free shipping and returns, and they have a few yearly sales. They have a pretty large selection online, but their in person options can be pretty meager above UK E/F cup. The smallest band they offer is a 30. When I've been to a store, there's usually Freya but no other UK large cup brands. I saw Panache once, but they had nothing in my size range. Nordstrom Rack tends to have a few large cup/small bands bras too (although their prices are better in person). 
  • Figleaves is another good resource. They offer shipping to the US for $5 and it's about $3 to return. They have a huge selection compared to the other sites I listed, and generally their prices are really good. They tend to have revolving 20-30% sales, and seasonal sales. 
If you know what you want: 
  • Ebay has some pretty remarkable deals. Just search for your size, or the brand you want, and set the location to worldwide, and you will find some very cheap bras. People often sell their used bras on ebay too, just make sure to look at the pictures before buying :) Ebay adds their insurance to all transactions. I'm not entirely sure what that entails, but I haven't had any issues with Ebay since the early 2000s when I was buying used video games. Nifty tip: you can have Ebay email you when it finds items that match a search you did by saving the search. I have searches set up for specific bra brands + price ranges + sizes :D
  • Bratabase lets the users list their bras for sale/swap/give away. They will pay for your shipping if you are selling or swapping. Pretty good deal, in my opinion. 
  • r/BraSwap Pretty much the same idea as Bratabase, just less organized and no help on paying for shipping. You can definitely find gems here, but you have to just like with Bratabase you definitely have to feel trusting of people. 

General online shopping notes:
  • I always sign up for newsletters, and send them to a secondary email. It's an easy way to find out about sales/deals :) 
  • If you're using a credit card to make purchases, check if your card gives extra points for whichever retailer you are using. You might be surprised by how many retailers offer referral points. 
  • Sister sizing can be your friend. My preferred size is 32F in brands that run true to size, but I still generally search for 30FF when looking at sizing, since sometimes there can be surprise deals. 
Good luck, and happy bra hunting :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment